Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo Recipe
This recipe is similar to the original adobo we are used to, only that, this is the dried version. Adobo have been part of the food culture of the Filipinos since time immemorial. Its flavor is basically from soy sauce. This version uses other ingredients such as pork liempo, oil, garlic, chicken liver, labuyo, laurel leaf, peppercorn, soy sauce, vinegar and water. This dish is perfect to pair with rice during meals that you can share to your family and friends. This version of adobo is made more flavorful because of the long process of boiling, the meat absorbs the seasonings well. Give this recipe a try and enjoy its meaty, savoring and irresistible taste. Happy cooking!
- 500g pork liempo, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 200g chicken liver
- 1-2 pcs. labuyo
- 2 pcs. laurel leaf
- 1 tbsp. whole peppercorn
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
How to cook Adobong Baboy Na Tuyo Recipe:
- In a pan, saute chicken liver and labuyo for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and puree (add little water if needed when blending). Set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the pork and add the garlic until fragrant.
- Add in the pureed liver and pour the soy sauce, vinegar, water, peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 2-2½ hours until pork is soft and sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve with rice.