Aristocrat-Style Chicken Barbecue Recipe
Who wouldn’t crave barbecue in just a smell? It is really a mouthwatering dish that you should try cooking. Barbecue is staple in the Philippines, in almost every street corner someone sells that charcoal grilled meats. This comes in varieties that are endless from chicken to pork, and if that is not enough for you offal such as chicken and pork intestines (isaw), liver, chicken heart, chicken head, chicken neck, chicken feet (adidas) even coagulated pork blood (Betamax) are a popular choice as well. But one way to cook and flavor barbeque is this aristocrat-style chicken barbeque. This uses ingredients such as soy sauce, sprite or 7up, garlic, lemon, sugar, chicken, pepper and salt to create a distinctive taste. This recipe is perfect to prepare on your upcoming picnics or even for just usual meals. Happy cooking!
- Soy sauce, just enough to achieve the color you like
- 7up or Sprite, just enough to cover the meat
- 1 large garlic head, peeled and crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 chicken legs & 3 chicken thighs
- Coarsely ground pepper
- Salt to taste
How To Cook Aristocrat Chicken Barbecue:
For the Marinade:
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken. Taste and when you’re happy with the marinade, you can then add in the chicken.
- Chicken barbecue must be marinated for minimum of 5 hours (to make it even tastier it can be marinated for up to 2 days and 2 nights max)
For The Sauce and Baste:
- Use about 2 cups of the marinade and add some oyster sauce (worcestershire from the original recipe), UFC catsup (will use it if you want to make it sweet) and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Bring to a boil until sauce gets a bit thick.
For the Chicken Barbecue:
- Grill chicken (you can use preheated oven grill).
- Grill for 20 minutes at 180C while basting 4 times, but additional of 10 minutes more won’t harm.
Image Credit: munchpunch.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: