Beef Mechado (w/ Lemon Grass) Recipe
- 1 kg beef, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 3 lemon grass bulbs
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 potato, cubed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp curry powder (red or yellow)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- cooking oil
How To Cook Beef Mechado:
- Heat oil and saute the ginger, onions and lemon grass until aromatic.
- Add the beef, cinnamon, curry, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce and beef stock. Allow to simmer.
- Add the carrot and the potato. Cover and allow to cook.
- Add the sugar and allow to cook some more.
- The mechado is done when the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Image Credit: ulampinoyphotos.blogspot.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: