Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice) Recipe
Our recipe for now is one of the super-popular Korean dish you might have heard about already! This is principally a bowl made of rice, sautéed and seasoned vegetables, a bit of hot pepper paste and usually a bit of seasoned raw beef, too. Bibimbap literally means “mixed rice”. Like the other traditional dishes, there are endless variations to this dish depending on the preference and dietary requirements. However, more traditional and authentic versions of Bibimbap are served with raw beef and raw egg yolk along with other vegetables but many people prefer making it with cooked ingredients. This recipe we have here also prefer to cook the ingredients before putting it on top of the rice. Using ingredients like beansprouts, spinach, zucchinis, ground beef, carrot, eggs, soy sauce, hot pepper paste, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and spring onions for garnishing. This palatable bowl of ingredients will surely make your cravings satisfied. So go ahead and give this dish a try!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 100g beansprouts
- a bunch of spinach
- 2 small size of zucchinis
- 5-7 shitake mushrooms
- 250g grams of ground beef
- 1 small carrot
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hot pepper paste
- 1/3 cup garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- vegetable oil
- spring onions for garnish
How To Cook Bibimbap:
- Blanch beansprouts and set aside in a bowl, then season with salt, add garlic and sesame oil. Put in on the platter.
- Next blanch the spinach for a minute. Then rinse it in cold water a few times and squeeze it lightly, Mix it with salt, soy sauce, minced garlic and sesame oil. Put in on the platter.
- Saute zucchini in a pan over high heat. When it’s cooked, it will look a little translucent. Put it on the platter.
- Slice shiitake mushrooms thinly and saute. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar and stir it for 2 minutes. Put it on the platter.
- On a heated pan, cooked ground beef. Add minced garlic, soy sauce, sugar, black pepper and sesame oil. Put it on the platter.
- Cook eggs sunny side up.
- Put your rice in a big bowl, and arrange all your vegetables and meat. place the sunny side up egg on the center.
- Serve it with sesame oil and hot pepper paste.
- Lastly, garnish with spring onions.
Image Credit: chichilicious.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: