Bibingkang Kanin Recipe
The Filipino cuisine have a wide varieties of rice cake. But one of the rice cake recipe we have here is the bibingkang kanin that is one of the Christmas street food that is really savoring. This bibingka is a simple combination of coconut milk cooked glutinous rice baked then topped with a rich coconut caramel sauce. Filipinos also love having it as merienda or snack, others for dessert due to its sweet taste but we can be also consumed during breakfast. Its ingredients is not quite complicated you just need coconut milk, malagkit, white sugar, and young coconut. You can also add toppings using cheese or what can satisfy your taste. Pin this recipe now on your list of next to try kakanin and enjoy!
- 1kg glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 10 cups coconut milk
- 1kg white sugar
- 2 cups young coconut meat slice into strips
How To Cook Bibingkang Kanin:
- Place the rice (malagkit) in the pan and allow to boil until cooked.
- When cooked, place in a bowl. Add the sugar and coconut strips. Mix well. Place in a baking tray.
- Top with the coconut milk and sugar mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Slice into portions before serving.
Image Credit: kawalingpinoy.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: