Bistek (Pinoy Beef Steak) Recipe
Impress your family in preparing their baon with this bistek recipe! This dish is basically the Filipino version of the beef steak. Comprising thinly sliced beef cooked in soy sauce and lemon juice and garnished with caramelized onion rings. This tasting and yet simple recipe does not require much ingredients and the procedure is not complicated at all. Well, just have all the ingredients beforehand and add a little love while cooking, and there! You can have this deliciously cooked beef steak on your plate. Wipe out those thought that bistek is complicated to cook, this is easier than you think! The secret of its tasty meat lies on the marinating process. It is important so that the meat absorbs the flavor prior to cooking. Also, the cut of beef matters a lot because this will affect the texture of the dish. Try it now!
- ½ kg beef, sliced into ½ inch thick slices
- 3 pcs onions, sliced into rings
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 pcs calamansi, juice only
- Cooking oil
How To Cook Bistek:
- Marinate the beef in soy sauce and calamansi for at least 15 minutes (or overnight).
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions, remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry the beef.
- Add the marinade and allow to simmer until the sauce has reduced.
- Top with the onions before serving.
Image Credit: turoturo.co.nz
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: