Brazo de Mercedes Recipe
Basically, this is a type of jelly roll dessert made with a pillowy meringue rolled around a rich custard filling. You may get intimidated of the thought that this recipe is complicated, but trying this recipe it will turned out to be a pretty simple cake to make. Although there are many ways you can prepare this sweet treat, the version we have here is made with condensed milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, egg yolks, cashew nuts, egg whites, and cream of tartar. This brazo de Mercedes is usually served during holidays and special occasions that never fails to make the dinning extra delectable. You should not miss trying this recipe now. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup finely ground and toasted cashew nuts
- 10 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Cook Brazo de Mercedes Recipe:
- In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups. Add sugar, butter, and vanilla extract, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl. Add a little of the milk to the egg yolks, stir, then gradually add mixture by spoonfuls back into the saucepan, beating constantly. Stir well to avoid curdling.
- Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has the consistency of a paste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine eggs and Cream if Tartar then Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously. Stir in vanilla.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top. Bake until brown.
- Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log.
- Brush with butter and brown again in oven.