Buko Salad Recipe
Buko salad is usually made out of mixed fruits, nata de coco, kaong (sugar palm), coconut, thickened cream and condensed milk. This dessert is staple to every special occasion in the Philippines like birthdays, fiesta, weddings, Christmas and New Year’s dinner so this coming Christmas you should definitely make one if you haven’t tried something like this before. This is one of the easiest desserts to make and theres no cooking involved. This version we have here uses buko, coconut gel, pineapple chunks, table cream, kaong, fruit cocktail and sweetened condensed milk. You should really try making this dish and your family will surely love it. Happy cooking!
- 4 cups young coconut (buko), shredded
- 12 ounces coconut gel (nata de coco), drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 7 ounces table cream
- 6 ounces sugar palm fruit (kaong), drained
- 2 cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
How To Cook Buko Salad Recipe:
- In a mixing bowl, combine young coconut, kaong, nata de coco, pineapple chunks, and fruit cocktail. Gently stir to distribute the ingredients.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and table cream. Mix until all the ingredients are properly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve for dessert.
Recipe Source here