Chicharon Bituka Recipe
- 1 kg pork intestines (washed very well)
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 3-4 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
For the dip:
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- dash of salt and pepper
How to cook Chicharon Bituka:
- Clean the pork intestine very very well. Wash it thoroughly with running water.
- Put the washed intestines in pressure cooker. Add water and salt. Cover until it boils. Remove all the scum that floats. This is one important step for this recipe.
- Add the black peppercorns and bay leaves. Give a quick stir and secure the lid for pressure cooking. Set timer at 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After 10 minutes, turn off heat and realease the pressure from the cooker. Be careful of the escaping steam. Drain the content into a strainer. Rinse it with tap running water. Drain again.
- Cut the intestines into bite portions (1.5 inches) using scissors. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil on a pot for deep frying. Fry the cuts until golden brownand be careful it has a tendency to splat very hot oil! Drain excess oil.
- Serve with a spiced vinegar dip.