Chicken Tinola Recipe
This dish is one of the staple chicken soup on every Filipino home. basically, it is a type of Filipino chicken soup wherein chicken slices are cooked in ginger broth until tender, while slices of green papaya (or chayote) and malunggay leaves are added towards the end. A clear soup that is perfect during rainy days and cold weather because the ginger broth and chicken can provide a comforting effect and it can also help keep you warm and cozy. This dish uses rice washing that gives the recipe a savoring soup. Other ingredients such as potatoes, onion, garlic, ginger, patis, vetsin, and young chili leaves. Commonly, chicken tinola is eaten with rice on the side. Also, it is best when you have a small bowl or saucer of fish sauce with chili on the side. Try this chicken tinola recipe now!
- 1 chicken (1 kg)
- 3 potatoes, quartered or 2 cups quartered upo or sayote
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger strips
- 2 tbsp patis
- 1 tsp vetsin
- 4-5 cups rice water
- 1/2 cup young sili leaves
How To Cook Chicken Tinola:
- Clean and cut chicken into small serving pieces.
- Saute’ garlic and ginger until brown. Add onion.
- When wilted, add chicken. Stir for 3 minutes, pour in patis.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then, add 1 cup rice water. Cover and let simmer.
- When chicken is half done, add potatoes.
- Pour in the remaining rice water.
- Cover and simmer until chicken and potatoes are done.
- Lastly, add vetsin and sili leaves. Let boil for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Image Credit: turoturo.co.nz
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: