Crab Relleno Recipe
This recipe is basically described as stuffed mud crabs with crabs meat, vegetables and spices. Though, preparing crab relleno recipe is a bit tedious because you have to remove the crab meat from the shells. Don’t mind it, because the result will surely be worth it and delicious. There are many varieties of this dish depending on the ingredients used, however the recipe we have uses crab, pineapple, corn, celery, red bell pepper, onions, chicken bouillon cubes, eggs, cornstarch, salt and pepper. This dish is commonly prepared during special occasions due to its long process of cooking. Give this crab relleno recipe a try and experience a fancy meal with your family.
- 2 kg crab
- 1 ½ can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¾ kg corn, boiled and grated (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
How To Cook Crab Relleno:
- In a deep pan, place the crabs, salt and crushed pineapple syrup; allow to simmer.
- Take crab meat and reserve crab shells.
- Saute the onions, celery, grated corn, bell peppers and chicken bouillon in a skillet.
- Add the crab meat and crushed pineapple.
- Season to taste and cook for 5 minutes. Add the egg.
- Fill crab shells with ¼ cup of sautéed mixture. Sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Fry surface until lightly golden brown.
- Top with grated cheese, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Image Credit: kusina101.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: