Crema De Fruita Recipe
This delightful and popular Filipino dessert makes use of sponge cake, milk and fruits. This no-bake fruitcake dessert recipe is very easy to make. basically, crema de Fruta is a layered Filipino dessert made-up of sponge cake, custard, a fruit coktail layer, and topped with gelatin. This is considered as a special dessert because the preparation and ingredients involved are above ordinary. Commonly, this recipe of cake is served during Christmas dinner or “Noche Buena” and other special occasions. Crema de Fruta has always been a Filipino Favorite since time immemorial. This may seem a little bit complicated to prepare but with a several practice, you will surely find it easy. Keep this recipe now and satisfy your crave for something sweet and delectable. Happy cooking!
- sponge cake
- 1 can slices of peaches, well drained
- 1 can slices of pineapple, well drained
- 1 small bottle cherries, well drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
How To Cook Crema De Fruita Recipe:
- In a rectangular container, arrange sponge cake.
Part 2: Custard Cream:
- In a saucepan, combine flour, milk, water and sugar then cook in a medium heat. Stir constantly until thickens.
- Add egg yolks, butter and vanilla extract, cook for another 2-3 minutes or until well blended. Stir well.
- Pour over the cake syrup and let it cool. Set aside.
Part 4: Gelatin:
- In a saucepan, boil water and add unflavored gelatin, pineapple juice and sugar.
- Simmer until gelatin is dissolved.
- Arrange fruits over custard and pour the gelatin syrup on top.
- Refrigerate over night or until gelatin is firm. Serve chilled.