Easy Espasol Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups toasted glutinous rice flour, reserving 1/2 cup for rolling
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk (original recipe called for coconut milk)
- 1 cup agave nectar (original recipe called for 2 cups sugar!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
How to make Easy Espasol:
- Heat milk in a saucepan until boiling. Add agave nectar (or sugar if that is what you’re using), vanilla extract, salt, shredded coconut and lemon zest and stir until combined.
- Slowly add toasted glutinous rice flour, stirring to avoid clumps. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring and cooking until thick and coming off the sides of the saucepan. I used a non-stick pan so mine took only 10 minutes. This part can take as long as 1 hour.
- Remove from heat. Transfer cake onto rice flour dusted work surface and let cool to room temperature.
- Divide in equal portions, rolling on the flour to form cylinders. Alternatively, you can cut using a cookie cutter instead.
- Wrap in paper or banana leaves until ready to eat.
Source : cafenilson