Easy Puto Bumbong Recipe
- 1 Pack (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
- 2 Packs (115 grams) purple yam powder
- 2 1/2 Cups of water
- Brown sugar or mascuvado (raw sugar)
- Banana leaves
- Grated coconut
- muslin cloth
- sifter or strainer
- 2 pcs bamboo tube (bumbong)
- steamer for making puto
How to cook Easy Puto Bumbong:
- Prepare steamer with enough water for steaming.
- In a large bowl, combine purple yam powder and glutinous rice flour , Mix together until well combined.
- Gradually add enough water to the rice flour to make a dough. Knead until smooth.
- Pinch off about 2 tablespoons of the dough, using your hands make a ball and roll into a round and long shape, about 4 to 5 inches in long.
- Spread margarine or butter in a heat proof plate and layered the dough, steam for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- Apply margarine or butter then roll in shredded coconut and serve with muscovado sugar.