Fish Balls Recipe
This traditional Filipino street food is popular because they are cheap, portable and yummy. It is usually presented on a bamboo skewer, they can also be served as take-out in a plastic bowl. Fish ball on the Filipino stands have their own unique dipping sauce to complement the taste of fish balls. This balls is primary made from fish meat ground to a paste, are deep-fried until golden and then skewered in wooden sticks and dipped in a variety of sauces ranging from spicy, sweet to sweet and sour. These fish balls are so ingrained in the Philippine culture, every Filipino has for sure some sort of “fish ball” childhood memory growing up. Great thing that now you can make yourself this favorite finger food. Try it now and happy cooking!
- 2 cups flaked fish
- 4 tbsp. flour
- fresh or evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. kinchay (finely chopped) or green onion leaves
- Oil for sautéing sugar
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Cook Fish Balls Recipe:
- In a bowl. Mix flaked fish flour and milk
- Add salt and pepper, kinchay or onion leaves.
- Put mixture in refrigerator until it is firm and sticky.
- Form into small balls.
- Drop balls into boiling water. Remove, then sauté in oil to brown.
- Serve fish balls with sweet’n sour sauce. To make sauce, Combine soy sauce, vinegar and sugar