Fish Fillet with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
This sweet and sour fish fillet is another variety of popular sweet and sour dish that is commonly served in Chinese restaurants. This is usually serve as main dish together with steamed rice. The Filipino cuisine adopted it well though its origin is foreign. This crispy and meaty dish is made flavorful using ingredients such as lapu-lapu, Japanese bread crumbs, calamansi, eggs, salt, and pepper. Indulge yourself to this sweet yet sour but awesomely delicious fish dish. This recipe will surely not disappoint you on satisfying your crave. Try it now!
- 2 medium size labahita or lapu-lapu
- 1-1/2 cup Japanese bread crumbs
- 4 calamansi, juice extracted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- MSG or granulated seasoning
For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1-1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. margarine
How To Cook Fish Fillet with Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe:
- Clean the fish and remove the skin. Separate the flesh from the fish bones and cut the fillet into 1 inch crosswise.
- Rub the fillet with calamansi juice, salt, pepper and MSG.
- Before frying, dip in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in a medium heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a saucepan mix thoroughly the cornstarch and sugar in 1/4 cup water.
- Add in onion, garlic, pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and margarine.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture starts to boil.
- Cook for about 2 minutes more until the sauce thickens then pour over fried fish fillets.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source here