Fish Lumpia Recipe
- 1 kilo galunggong or any firm flesh fish
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 small size singkamas, finely diced
- 1 medium size potato, finely diced
- 1 medium size carrot, finely diced
- 1 bundle kinchay chopped
- 1 large size egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- spring roll or lumpia wrappers
- cooking oil
How To Cook Fish Lumpia Recipe:
- Remove and discard head, innards, fins and scales of fish, In a wok pour 2 cups of water, add in crushed garlic and a tablespoon of salt bring to a boil. Add in fish a let simmer for about 1 minute. Removed from wok, drain and let cool down. Discard the poaching water.
- Coarsely flake the fish meat and remove and discard fish bones, keep aside. Using same wok sauté garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the flaked fish and stir cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir carefully to avoid the fish from disintegration. Remove from wok and place in a big mixing bowl, let cool down. Mix in all remaining filling ingredients thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 tbsp. of filling on one side of wrapper and wrap tightly, secure wrapper by lightly dabbing water on wrapper edge. In a wok deep fry lumpia at medium to low heat for 2-3 minutes or until wrapper turns to crunchy golden brown and the filling is cooked. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce.