Goldilocks-Style Mamon Recipe
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted, plus more for brushing molds and cakes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on cakes
- 6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
How To Cook Goldilocks-Style Mamon Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously brush paper molds with butter and set aside. I make mamon in paper molds but metal ones and ramekins can be used instead.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and 1/3 cup sugar together into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, water, and butter in the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix at low speed until well blended. With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing for three minutes or until well blended. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of a standard mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat at high speed until egg whites double in volume. With the mixer running, slowly and steadily add 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until medium peaks form. Medium peaks hold their shape fairly well but the tip of the peak curls back onto itself when the whisk is lifted.
- Gently and swiftly fold in the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Divide the batter evenly among the molds. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the molds on a cooling rack for ten minutes.
- Remove from the molds and allow cakes to cool completely on the rack. Brush cakes with butter and sprinkle with sugar and grated cheese.