Greenwich-Style Lasagna Supreme Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Each of basil, parsley and oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
How to cook Greenwich-Style Lasagna Supreme:
- Lightly brown beef, onion and garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Cook lasagna as directed on box; drain.
- In 13x9x2 baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce. Then alternate layers of lasagna, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese; ending with sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350: for 40-50 minutes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes.