Excited about summer? Well, there are some other things you should be ready aside from the outings and summer fashion. It is the coolers that will keep the temperature balance. Speaking of this, one of the most favorite is the halo-halo that is commonly sold along the streets. Basically, it is a famous Filipino dessert consists of shaved ice, milk and various sweet ingredients then mixed together. Other recipe uses toppings like ice cream, ube halaya or leche flan makes the halo-halo’s special and delicious. There are also lots of fast foods and restaurants that sells halo-halo. However, now you don’t have to buy it when you can prepare it yourself. Using ingredients such as banana, mangos, gelatin, ripe jackfruit, sweet corn, coconut, sweet yam, shaved ice, milk, ice cream, and rice pop, you can make your family this special and delightful cooler. Give this recipe a try and enjoy.
- 1 ripe large banana
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup firm gelatin set into gel and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe jackfruit
- 1/2 cup sweet corn or chick peas (garbanzos)
- 1 cup young shredded coconut, fresh or canned
- 1 cup cooked sweet yams or (ube halaya)
- 2 cup shaved ice
- 2 cup milk
- 4 scoops of favorite ice cream
- 1/2 cup rice pop
How To Make Halo-Halo:
- Peel mangoes and slice the meat into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Prepare 4 tall glasses. Divide each ingredient into 4 equal parts.
- In each glass place 1/4 of each ingredient, adding layer by layer.
- Top with 1/2 cup shaved ice.
- Pour 1/4 cup milk over shaved ice and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle nuts or rice krispies over it.
Image Credit: losangeles.cbslocal.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: