Home-made Milo Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup milo powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (> 35% fat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean (cut lengthwise and scrape seeds)
How To Cook Home-made Milo Ice Cream Recipe:
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl with flat surface. Pour the heavy creaminto a mixing bowl and place the bowl into the large bowl with ice bath.
- Combine milo powder, milk, sugar, salt and vanilla bean seeds in a pot and warm them up over medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks lightly. Then gently pour the milo mixture into the egg yolks in a steady stream, while whisking constantly.
- Transfer the mixture back into the pot. Return pot to low heat and gently cook (stir constantly) until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into the mixing bowl with heavy cream. Stir to mix well until the mixture cools to room temperature. Cover and chillin the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer instructions. Serve directly as soft serve from the ice cream maker or chill in freezer in an airtight container until needed. Read here on the best way to store ice cream.
- When serving, don’t forget to top ice-cream with milo powder.
Source: Burp! Appetit