Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe
One of the favorite restaurant of every Filipino child is Jollibee. It is known for its delicious and crispy chicken joy that kids really love. It is not only the juicy and tender taste of the chicken itself capture the hearts of Filipino children, but more importantly the crispy skin covering it. Well, now mothers can recreate it using this amazing recipe we have here that features the same taste and flavor. Made possible with the use of ingredients such as chicken, salt, pepper, cooking oil, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, five spices, garlic powder and fine salt. Your kids will be surprised once you try this recipe. Let them guess if you really cook it or order it, it’s difficult to tell the difference.
- 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil for deep frying
For the breading:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. five spice powder or ngohiong powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fine salt, adjust if necessary
How to cook Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe:
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Rub and press each chicken with the salt and pepper so all the pieces is evenly coated.
- Next, to make the breading, in a mixing bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients using a fork until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Heat the oil in the deep fryer or deep frying pan for about 175°C.
- Coat a piece of chicken with the breading inside and out. Coat underneath the skin as well.
- Do it by pressing each chicken with the breading then shake off excess breading and fry it.
- Depending on the size of your fryer and the size of your chicken, you can put 4 to 5 pieces per batch.
- Just don’t overcrowd the fryer to avoid the fried chicken to become soggy and loose it’s crispiness.
- Cook it for about 15 to 20 minutes in medium fire.
- Put the chicken in a paper towel or a rack to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite gravy. Enjoy!
Image Source here