Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
There are many varieties of ice cream depending on the flavorings used, but basically it is made with milk, sugar and other extracts. The version we have here uses strawberry that is one of the most favorite fruits that is why there are also lots of dishes that use it. Perfect for the hot weather of summer season that requires coolers, this strawberry ice cream won’t disappoint you. Aside from the strawberries, this recipe uses other ingredients such as whipping or all-purpose cream, whole milk and sugar. See? It is so simple and even the ingredients are not complicated and fancy. Keep this recipe and make yourself at home of this yummy, creamy, sweet and delectable strawberry ice cream.
- 1/2 kg strawberries, trimmed and sliced (1/4 inch slices)
- 2 cups whipping or all-purpose cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
How To Make Strawberry Ice Cream:
- Put half of the sliced strawberries in a food processor or blender and puree. Set aside the other half.
- Combine cream, milk, and sugar in a saucepan and heat with continuous stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the strawberry puree and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- While the chilling the mixture, dice the remaining sliced strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Pour the cooled cream mixture into an ice cream maker (refer to manufacturer instructions).
- Stir in the diced strawberries towards the end of the process.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container (or used ice cream container) and freeze for at least 2 more hours before serving.
Image Credit: lifemadesimplebakes.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: