Iced Kacang (Malaysian Dessert) Recipe
This iced kacang recipe also called ais kacang is famous Malaysian dessert. It is locally known as air batu campur or ABC in Malaysia. Air batu means ‘ice’ while campur means ‘mix’. This is basically made with a mound of finely shaved ice sweetened with sweet flavored syrup such as palm sugar syrup, sarsaparilla syrup or rose syrup and evaporated milk and then topped with different ingredients. However, the recipe we have here uses crushed ice, brown sugar, water, red food color, condensed milk, red beans, sweet corn and peanuts. This iced kacang is perfect with the hot weather of summer to cools down in a delicious way. Try it now!
- 2 cups ice cubes or crushed ice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 drops red food color (optional)
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons canned red beans, in kernels
- 2 tablespoons canned sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons grass jelly pieces
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
How To Make Iced Kacang:
- To make syrup, mix brown sugar, water, and food color in a small sauce pan
- Heat it up over medium heat.
- As soon as the sugar melts and the syrup starts to bubble, turn off the heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Make shaved ice by using ice shaver or blender.
- Transfer the shaved ice to a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the syrup, then top with condensed milk, red beans, sweet corn, and grass jelly, and peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
Image Credit: flickr.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it