Kalderetang Batangas Recipe
If you haven’t tried the kalderetang Batangas, then you should with this recipe. you should not miss its oh-so-meaty and creamy taste! This kalderetang Batangas is made from beef that is perfect for lunch and it was such a satisfying meal to have when you’re too hungry and the weather’s still a bit cold. If you are wondering what makes the Batangas beef caldereta different from the usual caldereta? Well, the secret to a super tasty, creamy sauce is the combination of garlic and onion (loads of these two), butter or margarine, liver spread, and cheese! Adding few chops of siling labuyo may also make extra kick of the taste. This recipe uses beef, liver spread, peanut butter, onions, garlic, grated cheese, soy sauce, vinegar, worcetershire sauce, butter, fresh hot chili, black pepper and salt to taste. You have to make the beef as tender as it can get so you can have the best ‘kalderetang bakang Batangas’ experience. Try it now!
- 1/2 kg beef
- 85g reno liver spread (1 can)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 large onions, minced
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (preferably quickmelt cheese)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 butter
- dried or fresh hot chili, chopped (optional)
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
How To Cook Kalderetang Batangas:
- Marinate beef with soy sauce, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper and let it settle for at least 30 mins.
- Melt butter in a pan, then add garlic and onions. Heat until fragrant and soft.
- Add in the marinated beef, mix and cook for about 3 mins.
- Add 1-2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the beef are tender.
- When the beef is soft and the water reduced making the sauce slightly thick, add cheese, liver spread, and peanut butter then mix. Continue to heat until sauce is thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, add chili (optional), serve.
Image Credit: bayodatafoodfinds.wordpress.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: