Kinamunggayang Manok Recipe
This dish is a Filipino chicken soup reacipe that originated from the southernmost part of the Philippines. Kinamunggayang manok is originally made from native chicken, banana blossoms, and malunggay leaves. Though this may seem similar from the tinolang manok on the first glance, but their taste and some ingredients are different. This dish uses oil, garlic, onion, chicken, water, puso ng saging, and malunggay leaves. The used of puso ng saging or banana blossom gives this dish a distinctive taste that makes the difference to the tinola. Perfect recipe for those raining and cold afternoons to prepare for dinner. have this recipe pined on your list and have a taste of this warming food you will surely love. Happy cooking!
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 kg chicken cut into serving pieces
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups puso ng saging (banana blossom), shredded
- 4 cups malunggay leaves
How To Cook Kinamunggayang Manok:
- In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and chicken.
- Saute until the chicken is half cooked.
- Add water and allow to boil.
- When it has boiled, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the banana blossoms and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the malunggay leaves and bring to a boil anew before serving.
Image Credit: gutomna.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: