Lucban Hardinera Recipe
Hardinera is one of the kind of meatloaf dish. Originated from Lucban of Quezon province, this is considered as a special dish and is often served only in special occasions such as town fiestas and other important gatherings. If you enjoy eating meatloaf, or embutido, surely you will also love this dish. Others may say that cost of ingredients and tedious preparation method were some of the reasons why this is not a common everyday dish, but there is always something we can do to ease the preparation part. To describe it further, the taste of hardinera is a little the same with menudo. This recipe we have here is simple that the authentic version, this uses diced pork, cooking oil, onion, garlic, beef cube, water, tomato sauce, hotdogs, sweet pickles, raisins, salt, ground black pepper, pineapple chunks, liver spread, cheese, bread crumbs, sweet pepper, boiled eggs, and raw eggs. Pined this recipe on your next menu during occasions and your visitors will surely love it!
- 1 lb pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ beef cube
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup beef franks or hotdogs, diced
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup liver spread
- ¼ cup cheese, grated
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup roasted sweet pepper
- 2 pieces hard boiled eggs, sliced or wedged
- 2 pieces raw eggs
How To Cook Lucban Hardinera:
- In a cooking pot, sauté garlic and onions with cooking oil. Add in diced pork and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the beef cube, water, and tomato sauce then bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the pork is tender and the liquid completely evaporates. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large bowl, completely mix the cooked pork and all the other ingredients (except eggs and sweet pepper)
- Grease a llanera and arrange the sliced eggs and roasted sweet pepper.
- Pour close to half of the beaten egg mixture and ensure that the eggs are well distributed on the llanera.
- Add in the pork mixture in to the llanera until it occupies at least ¾ of the total volume.
- Cover the whole llanera with aluminum foil.
- Prepare steamer with 6 cups of water. Arrange the containers in the steamer and steam for 50 minutes.
- Transfer hardinera from llanera to plates to serve.
Image Credit: kawalingpinoy.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: