Macaroni Salad Recipe
Just like the spaghetti, this Filipino-style macaroni salad is one of the things we adapted from the west and made our own. There are many varieties of this dish that differs from the wide range of possible ingredients to use. However, the macaroni salad we have here is the classic one, using ingredients such as elbow macaroni, oil, Italian dressing, olives, celery, white onion and mayonnaise. Macaroni salad is one of the favorite appetizer and snack. No wonder that this is typically served during Filipino fiestas and also during family outings and picnic. This recipe is so easy and quick. Mostly of the time is consume on cooking the pasta on a boiling water and cutting the ingredients. After that you just need to mix it in a large bowl, chill, and there you have your own made macaroni salad. Happy cooking!
- ½ kilo small shell or elbow macaroni
- ¼ tsp. oil
- Italian dressing (optional)
- ½ cup sliced stuffed olives
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 white onion, grated mayonnaise.
How To Cook Macaroni Salad Recipe:
- In a large pan, boil water and add 2-3 drops of oil.
- Put macaroni and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Put in a bowl, Moisten with Italian dressing and add sugar, if desired, Toss lightly.
- Add olives, celery, onion, and mayonnaise, Toss.
- Cover and chill before serving.