Nikuklok na Manok Recipe
Looking for a unique, local dish for your usual fried chicken, then Nikuklok Na Manok is perfect for you. Though, there are only little known facts about this dish like where it got its name or where it originated but we’ve seen these in the menus of restaurants from Tarlac. This recipe practically cook the chicken in salt. Nikuklok na manok gives you a unique crisp and salty taste from the outside combined with spices stuffed from the inside that come along with a unique sauce to give a tangy kick to balance the taste. This is simple and the ingredients are also accessible, so there is no reason you should not try this recipe. Keep this now and be the first among your family and friends to cook this amazing Filipino dish. Try it now!
- 1 pc whole chicken
- 5 cups rock salt
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 stalk of leek, white part only
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Cook Nikuklok na Manok Recipe:
- Wash chicken thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl: Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper.
- Rub this all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with onions and leeks.
- Put the rock salt in a deep frying pan.
- Make sure the bed of salt is at least two inches deep.
- Place the chicken on its back, on top of the bed of salt.
- Cover pan and cook over low- medium heat for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the dipping sauce made of soy sauce and the juice of lemon.