Pancit Bihon Recipe
This noodle dish is a type of Filipino noodle dish popularly known as “pancit”. This pancit bihon makes use of thin rice noodles, which are also called rice sticks. Like the traditional dish, pancit bihon also have hundred or more ways to cook. Each of it vary on the combination of ingredients, cooking method, and preparation. Even though, there is no incorrect or wrong way to do so; all cooks have their own version. Pancit bihon is basically the enhanced version of pancit guisado. “Guisado” is a term synonymous to saute. Flavored using garlic, onions, chicken thighs, green beans, carrots, black pepper, fish sauce, Chinese flat peas, cabbage, soy sauce, and green onions. Commonly serve in parties, this pancit bihon will really satisfy you. Try it now!
- 4-5 tablespoons oil, for frying
- 2-3 cloves garlic,chopped
- ½ cup onions,chopped
- 2 chicken thighs, boiled and shredded (keep broth)
- 10-15 fresh green beans, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Fish Sauce
- 10-15 pieces Chinese flat peas, thinly sliced
- ½ medium cabbage, shredded
- soy sauce
- 1 package rice sticks (pancit bihon), cut and soaked in water 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ½ cup green onions
How To Cook Pancit Bihon Recipe:
- Add oil and heat in wok. Saute garlic and onions and add in cooked shredded chicken.
- Next, add green beans and carrots; stir fry and a pinch of black pepper. Add a little chicken broth (from boiled thighs) and mix together.
- Add fish sauce and Chinese flat peas and mix, then cabbage. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add soy sauce to noodles and mix. To wok, add remaining chicken broth (from boiled thighs) and bring to a boil. Add chicken bouillon, noodles and pepper to wok. Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat until noodles are cooked through.
- Then add all the ingredients together and mix with noodles until liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with green onions.
Recipe Source here