Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 8 eggs, separate egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup liquid vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pandan extract
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
How To Cook Pandan Chiffon Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and pandan extract. Add the 1/4 tsp. of pandan paste (or 1/4 tsp. green food coloring) to mixture if using (using the pandan paste or green food coloring is optional). Set aside.
- With an electric mixer or by hand, beat the egg yolks, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla until well combined. Beat in coconut milk/pandan extract mixture.
- Sift the Self-rising flour three times into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of sifted dry ingredients, and whisk egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until firm peaks form. Fold the beaten egg whites into the flour/egg yolk mixture in two batches using a balloon whisk or rubber spatula.
- Gently pour the batter into a 9 or 10-inch (23-25 cm) ungreased tube or angel foodcake pan. With a spatula, spread batter to even out top. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F (180 C) oven for 45 minutes or until the cake feels spongy to the touch.
- Remove cake from oven, and carefully invert the pan (upside down) onto a cooling rack. Do not remove cake from pan until completely cooled.
- Once cake has cooled, run a spatula around the sides and center tube of the pan to release the cake. When you are ready to slice the cake, use a thin sharp knife with serrated blade, and cut with a “sawing” action opposed to slicing through the cake.
- If desired, dust top of cake with confectioners’ sugar, and serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- Store cake at room temperature (covered with foil or plastic wrap, or cover with a glass cake dome) for up to 3 days.
Image Credit: fujibakery.com.my
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: