Pinalagtob Na Liempo Recipe
Pinalagtob na liempo is also called deep fried pork belly and famous dish usually served during occasions. People goes crazy to its crispy yet soft texture that will make you want to eat more. Its simple recipe will enable you to now cook this special and delicious dish anytime you want! You don’t need to order deep fried liempo in restaurants anymore, with their prices so high, tuck your big bills back in your wallets and switch to this cheap and healtier version of pinalagtob na liempo. Using ingredients like liempo, ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt, pepper, fish sauce, cooking oil and water for boiling, you can easily make this dish. Have this recipe saved for your next occasion or even simple meal, surely your family and friends will love this. Happy cooking!
- 2 kls. For liempo
- 1 thumb- size ginger
- 1 head garlic
- 2 stalks leeks
- 2 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce ( patis )
- Cooking oil, for the deep – frying
- Water for boiling
How to Cook Pinalagtob Na Liempo Recipe:
- Place the pork liempo in a pot. Fill with water. Add the ginger, garlic, leeks, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Allow to boil until the liempo becomes soft.
- Hang the pork liempo to dry.
- When dry, deep- fry in cooking oil until crisp.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Chop into smaller pieces before serving.