Pork and Chicken Pochero Recipe
- 500 grams chicken (serving slice)
- 400 grams pork (serving slice)
- 1 medium size onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 220 grams chick peas (garbanzos) – For dried chick peas, soak it overnight; For canned chick peas, just drain the water.
- 400 grams saba or cardaba banana (sliced)
- 300 grams potatoes
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 220 grams tomato puree or sauce.
- 200 grams pechay or bok choy
- 1 tablespoon whole kernel peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon salt (OR according to your taste preference)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1.8 liters of water
How To Cook Pork and Chicken Pochero Recipe:
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan. Saute garlic and onion until light brown. Saute the pork for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and tomatoes then saute for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the casserole with water. Add the Sauteed meat and salt. Let it boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until meat soften.
- Add the potatoes, banana, chick peas, tomato puree and whole kernel peppercorn. Cook for 8 minutes. You can add extra salt or ground pepper as needed.
- Add the pechay and simmer for 30 seconds.