Pork Hamonado Recipe
- A slab of pork with fat
- Crushed garlic
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of fruit cocktail syrup
- A dash of salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- Spring onion, cut into small ringlets for garnishing (optional)
How To Cook Pork Hamonado Recipe:
- Drop pork slab into a large saucepan with just enough boiling water to cover and simmer.
- Skim the surface until the broth is clear.
- Simmer for an hour then pour in soy sauce, fruit syrup and all the other ingredients.
- Simmer with lid closed over low fire, turning the meat from time to time, for hours or until the rind quite literally melts in your mouth.
- Leave little sauce to moist the meat. Slice and serve with rice and blanched vegetables.