Seafood in Coconut Cream Recipe
Coconut is of the major products of the Philippines, thus it also reflects our cuisine. There are wide variety of dishes that uses coconut, be it cream, meat or milk. One of those is this seafood in coconut cream recipe. This stunningly delicious recipe features the tasty meat of seafood made even richer using coconut cream. Aside from the coconut this uses other ingredient like tune fillet, prawns, squids, singkamas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, bird’s eye chili, ginger, onions, lemon grass, turmeric powder, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Pair it with rice and your lunch will surely turn it into a hit. Try it now!
- ¼ kg tuna fillet
- ¼ kg baby prawns, peeled
- ¼ kg white squids rings
- 2 cups singkamas (local white turnip) diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 10 bird’s eye chili, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 stalks lemon grass, leaves tied and root bulb crushed
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups coconut cream (first extract or kakang gata)
- ½ cup cornstarch slurry (4 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- Salt to taste pepper to taste chili powder to taste
How To Cook Seafood in Coconut Cream:
- Blanch all the seafood then set aside.
- In a small skillet, place singkamas, bell pepper, bird’s eye chili ginger, onion lemon grass and coconut cream to cook with thick coconut cream.
- Allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly so that the coconut cream will not curdle.
- Add in the tuna, prawns and white squid.
- Allow to simmer some more.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili powder to taste.
- Pour in the cornstarch slurry. This will thicken the sauce and give it a sheen. Serve hot.
Image Credit: lyukum.net
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: