Sotanghon Guisado Recipe
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 piece small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon atsuwete powder
- 200 g shrimp, skin removed
- 250 g chicken breast
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup snow peas, sliced
- 250 g of dry sotanghon (Vermicelli) noodles
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup tengang daga (Mushrooms), soaked in water to soften
How to cook Sotanghon Guisado:
- Boil the chicken in a pot and cover with two-inches of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, soak the pancit sotanghon noodles in warm water for 10 minutes
or until soft.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the pot and let it cool.
- Strain the broth and set aside.
- Remove chicken skin and cut meat into thin strips.
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil.
- Sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the shrimp, and cook until pink.
- Add the chicken meat and stir-fry.
- Add tengang daga (mushrooms).
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the carrots and snow peas.
Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the pancit sotanghon noodles.
- Season with the soy sauce and fish sauce.
- Simmer until the noodles are heated through, about one minute.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with green onion slices and serve.