Steamed tilapia in pandan leaves Recipe
Tilapia is one of the fish that is commonly cooked in the Filipino kitchen. There are many dishes that uses it, depending on the ingredients used and the way of cooking. One of the savoring and a must try recipe is this steamed tilapia in pandan leaves. Flavored using ingredients such as ginger, garlic, red onion, green chili, tomatoes, lemon grass, lime juice, oil, pandan leaves, salt and peppercorns. This combination of ingredients makes the dish so delicious. You will surely love the aroma from pandan leaves, plus the spices! This dish is so easy you just need to season it with the rest of ingredients and then place it in the steamer. Pair it with rice and serve it during lunch or dinner. Steamed tilapia in pandan leaves will surely not disappoint you if you are looking for a fish dish that is flavorful and so palatable. Try it now!
- 1 kg tilapia fillet
- 100 g ginger, julienned
- 50 g garlic, thinly sliced
- 100 g red onion, sliced
- 30 g green chili, julienned
- 100 g tomatoes, round slices
- 50 g lemon grass, white part only, chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 24 inches pandan leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
How To Cook Steamed tilapia in pandan leaves Recipe:
- Season tilapia with salt, pepper, lime juice.
- Lay pandan leaves on chopping board. Drizzle with oil.
- Place on top the ginger, garlic, red onion, green chili, tomato and lemon grass. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap with pandan leaves, then place in steamer until done.
Image Source here: