Stir Fried Chicken & Okra Recipe
This dish featured okra that is one of the Southern ingredients whether fried, pickled, or grilled. This savoring veggie come along so well with many recipes. However, many don’t like it because of the slimy texture. One of the great secret upon cooking it with less of that is cutting the okra dry. Making it wet makes its texture more slimy especially when cut. Just follow this tip before using it in this stir fried chicken and okra recipe. This dish is made healthy and savoring at the same time. Aside from the chicken and okra, other ingredients such as red bell pepper, green bell pepper, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, and balsamic vinegar are used to make it flavorful and tasty. Have this recipe now and give it a try. Happy cooking!
- ½ pound boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 pound fresh okra pods
- Curry powder, to taste
For the Marinade:
- Soy sauce, as needed
- Minced ginger, as needed
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
How To Cook Stir Fried Chicken & Okra:
- Marinate the chicken and peppers in the soy sauce, minced ginger, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the heads and tails off the okra and cut into ¼ inch rounds.
- Dump them in a bowl and don’t season them.
- Stir – fry the chicken until about 2/3 done, pull and save. Add oil, then the okra.
- Throw in the chicken, stir. Add the peppers.
- Toss in about a tsp of curry powder. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.
Image Credit: foodtolove.com.au
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: