Tom Yum Soup Recipe
Tom yum soup is one of the Thai foods that is also one of the best known soups in the world. If you are looking for something to cook to warm your body through your stomach, then you are in the right recipe. You will surely love its taste made flavored by chicken broth, lemongrass, lime leaves, ginger, tomatoes, tamarind, red chilies, fish sauce, sugar, straw mushrooms, shrimp, limes, spring onions, and fresh cilantro. This combination creates a healthy and soothing broth that will surely light up your taste buds. Perfect for an awesome and authentic soup. Give this recipe a try and experience its tasty and flavorful soup to satisfy your crave. Happy cooking!
- 800 ml chicken broth (stock)
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 thumb sized ginger galangal or ginger, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, wedges
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 red chilis, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 can straw mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- 500g large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 stalk spring onions, sliced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
How To Cook Tom Yum Soup:
- Bring the stock to a boil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, tomatoes, tamarind paste and chilis. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, sugar, and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink.
- Remove from the heat and add the lime juice, spring onions, and cilantro.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Image Credit: theheartthrills.wordpress.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: