Looking for a chicken recipe to spice up your meal? Here’s a recipe to alternate your usual lemon pepper chicken wings. The recipe is so easy and quick especially if you have plenty of calamansi in your fridge and wanting to consume them fast before mummified or becomes dried because of time and cold. Calamansi is usual fruit in the Philippines and other Asian countries; so home cooks can use this for meals requiring lemon. This calamnsi chicken uses other ingredients such as chicken breast fillet, soy sauce, egg whites, cooking wine, cornflour, cooking oil, and lettuce. You may also use different parts of chicken if you prefer to. Keep this recipe now and add twist to your family favorite chicken. Happy cooking!
- 3 pcs chicken breast fillet
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pcs egg whites
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- Cooking oil for frying
- Shredded iceberg lettuce to serve
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 10 pcs calamansi, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup light chicken stock or water
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsps cornstarch mixed into 2 tbsps of cold water
How To Cook Calamansi Chicken Recipe:
- Toss chicken with the soy sauce and cooking wine and set aside for a few minutes. Lightly whip the egg whites until just frothy then whisk through the cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the chicken into the batter and shake off excess.
- Fry the chicken pieces for around six minutes, turning after three minutes, until lightly brown all over. Drain excess oil.
- Bring the sugar, vinegar, calamansi juice, salt and stock to a boil in a small saucepan or clean wok.
- Add the carrot and spring onion and toss until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for about one minute until thickened.
- Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the shredded lettuce.
- Pour the sauce over that and serve.