Carbonara is another simple pasta dish that Filipinos enjoyed even though it is not originally from the Philippines. However, Filipinos adopted it so well that there are even Filipino versions of it. Changing some recipes and the way it is cooked. However, the recipe we have here is the classic version that is not too complicated as it uses the basics ingredients such as fettucine noodles, evaporated milk, all-purpose cream, mushroom soup, sweet ham, bacon, garlic, onion, ground pepper, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and parsley. If you prefer more meaty carbonara, feel free to add more bacon on it as long as it satisfy you r taste preference. Try this recipe now and enjoy its creamy, savoring and delicious taste. Happy cooking!
- 500 grams Fettucine noodles(or any desired pasta)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1 can creamed of mushroom soup
- 200 grams sweet ham
- 200 grams bacon
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped(optional)
How To Cook Carbonara Recipe:
- In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Fry the ham, drain and cut into small square pieces. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add 3/4 of fried bacon and ham.
- Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup.
- Add the all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty.
- Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Prepare pasta on pasta tray, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and ham bits and chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy
- For additional ingredients, you may add 250 grams of mushrooms and a can of tuna saute together with bacon and ham.