The Filipino cuisine have lots of different appetizing versions of cooking such recipes. It is commonly derived from other places or provinces and prepared with their own distinct twist. Just like the recipe that we are going to prepare, it is the Carne Frita Recipe (Ilonggo Style) – this is similar to the “Bistek Tagalog Recipe” which happened to be the counterpart of the world famous “beef steak”. Basically, this carne frita recipe is a meat dish which made up of thin strips of beef or you may also opt to use chunky beef or the shoulder part of pork. This dish is so easy and simple so there is no reason for you not to try it. You won’t surely regret it once you taste this meaty, flavorful and delicious carne frita. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 kg sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce (preferably Filipino soy sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 laurel leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 white onions
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
How To Cook Carne Frita Recipe:
- Slice sirloin 1/8 inch thick.
- In a saucepan put in the meat, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic,laurel leaf and peppercorns. Boil the meat over low heat. Leave uncovered until the smell of vinegar dissipates, DO NOT STIR.
- Add water when needed.
- Cover and let simmer until meat is very tender.
- Season with salt.
- Slice the white onions into rings.
- In a frying pan, saute the onions till wilted. Remove from pan.
- Put in the meat, reserve the liquid it was boiled inches
- Brown the meat. Add the reserved liquid. Let it simmer till liquid has been reduced.
- Transfer meat to a platter, pour sauce over. Top with sauteed onions. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.