Chowking-Style Chao Fan Recipe
One of the most commonly sold lunch especially on students is the Chowking’s Chao Fan Rice. Every student’s savior is anything that ranges in the 50 pesos line and Chao Fan really belongs. The savoring flavors of the rice and crunchiness by the vegetables, Chowking’s Chao Fan has forever set the standards for fried rice forever. However, you can recreate this dish too and familiarize themselves with the dish that students have enjoyed by trying this recipe. This is made possible using ingredients like cooked rice, meat, garlic, onion, bell pepper, carrots, chili powder, curry powder, green onion, aggs, cooking oil, salt and pepper to taste. Try this recipe now and enjoy this Chao Fan you need not to buy.
- 6-8 cups Cooked Rice
- 1/4 cup Choice of Meat (ground beef, ground chicken meat, or finely chopped breakfast sausage)
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 medium Onion, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized Bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup Carrots, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Chopped Green Onion
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Cook Chowking Chao Fan:
- On a skillet, saute finely chopped garlic in oil until golden brown. Make sure that your fire is set to medium heat.
- Add finely chopped onion and stir until translucent.
- Add your meat of choice (beef or chicken or chopped sausage) and stir occasionally until cooked.
- Put chopped bell pepper and carrots, salt and pepper and continue stirring.
- Add chili powder and curry powder and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add your cooked rice and mix until slightly brown.
- Add beaten eggs and stir until it becomes completely distributed and cooked.
- Stir in your green onion right before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!
Image Credit: liasfoodjourney.blogspot.com
Your Friends & Family Could Use This Recipe! Share it: