- 3 lbs pork, cubed
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 1/2 cup carrot, sliced
- 4 plantain bananas, sliced diagonally (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup cooking oil
How to cook Easy Pork Estofado:
- Heat a frying pan and pour 3/4 cups of cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the sliced plantains until the color of each side turns medium to dark brown. Set aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a separate cooking pot then apply heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and sauté until the color turns light brown.
- Add the cubed pork and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Put-in the soy sauce, water, whole peppercorns, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer until pork is tender.
- Add vinegar and wait for the liquid to re-boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and carrots. Stir then simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the contents of the cooking pot to a serving plate.
- Garnish with fried bananas then serve.
- Share and enjoy!