Eggplant is one of the common vegetables found in the Philippines, that made it no wonder why there are many variations of ways of cooking it. if you are a some kind of vegetarian and searching for an eggplant recipe that could take you away from being stuck to the same old way of cooking it, then here is your answer! This eggplant steak recipe is delightful, tasty and palatable as it catches the taste of a steak. Using ingredients such as eggplant, onion, garlic, soy sauce, lemon or calamansi, salt, and pepper, this recipe made it so savoring. A healthy, and yet oh-so-satisfying! So try it now!
- 1/2 kg eggplant (talong) – sliced
- 1 large onion – 1/2 sliced into rings, 1/2 minced
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
How to Cook Eggplant Steak:
- Saute minced onions and garlic.
- Add eggplant and cook in low-medium heat until eggplant is slightly soft
- Add soy sauce and lemon/calamansi juice. Continue heating until eggplant is fully cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put fresh onion rings on top.
Image Credit: wheatfreemeatfree.com