This graham crema de fruta is basically a layered Filipino dessert made-up of grahams, custard, a fruit coktail layer, and topped with gelatin. This dessert is considered as a special because the preparation and ingredients involved are above ordinary. This cake recipe is a mainstay during Christmas dinner or “Noche Buena” and other special occasions. Crema de Fruta has always been a Filipino Favorite since time immemorial. Graham crema de fruta is so satisfying you should not miss trying this at home. A perfect dish to impress your visitors using savoring dessert. Well, there is no other great feeling but to end a meal with a delectable graham crema de fruta!
- 1 large can (550 g) fruit cocktail. Drain and reserve the juice
- 2 packs (200 g) graham crackers
- 2 packs whipping cream or all purpose cream
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 pouch unflavored gelatin powder (optional)
How To Cook Graham Crema de Fruta Recipe:
- Pour heavy whipping cream and condensed milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until well combined.
- In large square container or tray, arrange graham crackers. Spread and cover them with cream and top with fruit cocktail; reserve the other half can of fruit cocktail for another layer. Repeat the procedure according to layer preferences.
- For additional toppings, dissolved gelatin powder in cold water. Simmer on medium heat, and add the fruit cocktail syrup. Stir occasionally until mixture boils. Let it cool for a few minutes in the fridge until start to thickens. This step is optional, you can make this without gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the graham crackers and fruit. Put in fridge, chill and serve. Enjoy!
Recipe Source here