Gravy has been a staple side dish to pair with grilled, fried and many more dishes. But most famous of all, is its compliment to fried chicken. There are wide range of gravy recipes that differs from the ingredients mainly used. However, the version we have in here uses butter, all-purpose flour, chicken cube, and water. This version is simple and easy, so there is no reason you should not give this recipe a try. this works so well with fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Make your meal extra delicious and enjoyable with this gravy. Try it now and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
- 2¼ cups water
How to cook Gravy Recipe:
- Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
- Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
- Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
- Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
- Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
- Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
- Share and enjoy!