Homemade Japanese Vegetable Sushi is so much cheaper than at the restaurant! Sushi is easy and fun to make at home.
Course : Main Course Cuisine : Japanese Preparation Time: 15 minutes Total Time : 15 minutes Servings : 6 rolls
- 6 sheets sushi seaweed aka nori
- 1 batch prepared sushi rice
- Thin strips of Carrots
- Thick strips of cucumber
- Thick strips of mango
- Soy sauce during serving
How to prepare the Yummy Japanese Vegetable Sushi?
- Filling preparation:
- cut the cucumber, carrots, & mango in strips.
- Sushi rice preparation:
- get 10 ml of rice vinegar.
- put 1/4 tsp of salt
- add 1/2 tsp sugar
- mix the ingredients until salt and sugar are melted
- Sushi preparation:
- Set the bamboo sushi mat on the table.
- Put a food-safe plastic above it.
- Place the seaweed (nori) on a bamboo mat (rough surface on top)
- Cover the sheet of seaweed with an even layer of prepared sushi rice.
- Smooth gently with the rice paddle.
- Add sesame seeds on top of the sushi rice.
- Reverse the seaweed (nori) facing the other side (without rice).
- Layer the lettuce, cucumber, carrots, & mango on the rice.
- Roll it up tightly.
- Slice with a sharp knife, and enjoy with soy sauce.