Looking for a sweet dessert or snack to prepare that is new and refreshingly delicious? Then you should not miss trying this piaya recipe. Basically, this is described as a sweet warm flaky flat breads that is filled with dark muscovado sugar. This piyaya has a soft and flaky crust with a distinct concentrated syrup from the muscovado, yummy! The muscovado gives the dish a gooey texture every time you bite. This simple and satisfying dish is easily cook by baking. You don’t need to have great cooking skills to be able to do it. Using ingredients such as all-purpose flour, oil, muscovado sugar, water and sesame seeds the end result will surely satisfy your cravings. Sesame seeds give a nutty flavour to the piyaya and it makes a perfect blend of simple ingredients. Give this recipe a try and enjoy!
- 2 cups all–purpose flour
- 10 tbsp oil
- ½ cup muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup sesame seeds
How To Cook Piaya:
- In a bowl, combine half of the flour and half of the oil: mix well
- Divide into 20 portions and set aside.
- Add some water to the muscovado sugar to make it moist. Divide into 20 portions, set aside.
- Mix the remaining flour, oil and some water. Knead to a cylinder and divide into 20 portions.
- Flatten each portion and top with the flour and oil mixture.
- Roll out and stuff with muscovado filling. Close the edges.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheat oven in medium heat or grill until brown on the outside.
Image Credit: kevinspires.wordpress.com