- 1 kilo pork cutlets ( or pork belly, cut thinly and into strips)
- garlic cloves, as much as you like, crushed and peeled
- red chillies, sliced
- ground pepper
- soy sauce
- 1 can Sprite or 7up
- Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade then add about 2 tablespoons ketchup, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil.
How to cook Pinoy Pork Barbecue:
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well, taste to see if it’s to your liking then add the meat pieces, massage a little with both hands then transfer to a covered plastic container and keep in the fridge. Let the meat marinate overnight. When it’s time to cook, soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 10 minutes before using.
- The best way to cook this is over charcoal grill but stove top grill will do just fine, it’s what I usually use because it’s faster and less hassle to set up for everyday meal. I only use outdoor grill for big batches of barbecue.
- To continue, brush the stove top grill with cooking oil and set over the stove; thread about 4-5 pieces of meat in a skewer while waiting for your grill to get hot. Lay the skewered meat on the grill and brush occasionally with the reserved marinade for basting. Cook until nicely browned or when the meat has caramelized. Best served with pancit bihon or canton or spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Source: Latest Recipes